The real estate agents who get the most out of their Facebook business pages tend to be the ones who:
- make their details readily available,
- showcase their local knowledge by sharing info, and
- become known as credible and friendly by engaging in conversation.
Here’s three fundamental steps to take if you want to make the most of a Facebook business page:
1. Populate your profile
Once you’ve created a Facebook business page, the first step is to populate the page with vital details about yourself. Be sure to include:
- Contact details,
- A logo or picture of yourself,
- A cover photo, and
- An ‘About’ summary of what you do and how you help your clients.
The great thing about Facebook is that users know exactly where to look for this information – you just need to make sure it’s there.
2. Share useful content
Give people a reason to ‘like’ you (and keep liking you) by regularly sharing content that prospective clients will find useful. Sharing content like:
- local news, and
- links to real estate ‘How to‘ guides for buyers and sellers
can help you establish yourself as a reliable figure – whether you’ve written the content or not. In fact, sharing links to other people’s real estate websites is a great way to show you’re genuinely being helpful.
3. Engage in conversation
Sharing useful content is great, but don’t forget the most powerful aspect of social media: the social! That means you should:
- Ask questions to promote conversation,
- Engage in conversation on other people’s posts, and
- Answer any questions your likers post on your wall.
Engaging in conversation is a great way to form relationships with potential clients – and Facebook is a great way to do this!
Have these methods worked for you? What other ways are there to promote yourself on Facebook?
Facebook image by Owen W Brown via Flickr.